LC Results received by students Tuesday 13th August: Released to school/education providers and acessible online from 10 a.m. through Candidate Self Service Portal. Use careersportal CAO points Calculator (link),
- CAO Round 1 offers 2 p.m. Thursday the 15th August
- The national Parents Council Post Primary's (NPCPP) free phone Helplines 11800 265 165 manned by experience Guidance Counsellors.
- Online support @ www.independent.ie/caolive from
Tuesday 13th August 9am – 4pm Thursday 15th August 1pm - 7pm
Wednesday 14th August 10am - 7pm Friday 16th August 8am – 7pm Saturday 17th August 9am – 1pm
This service also provides professional and confidential one to one support, advice and guidance on LC, LCA, LCVP, VTOS, QQI results, CAO, Traineeships, Internships, Apprenticeships and Gap Years and advice on how to access SUSI and the SEC Candidate Self Service Portal
The Leaving Cert Helpline 1800-265-165 is sponsored by the Department of Education and Skills, Irish Independent and Independent.ie. It is supported by Institute of Guidance Counsellors, the GAA, State Examinations Commission and SUSI.
Viewing your scripts (Free): if you feel that your result does not reflect your correct grade request to view your script. Submit through Candidate Self Service Portal.
- Application for viewing scripts open on 9 a.m. on Wednesday 14th of August submit your application by 5 p.m. Friday 16th August.
- Script viewing will take place between Tuesday the 20th and Wednesday the 21st of August.
Available from Friday 20th September (Fee 40 euro for LC). More information see ww.CAO.ie
Access through Candidate Self Service Portal.
Non CAO routes
There are great alternative routes to initiate your career journey post LC. A very interesting article from www.careersportal.ie can be found on the following link Alternative to the CAO (Article)