UCAS UK Application
Medical courses requiring the UCAT see dates below
28 June 2021 at 9am (BST) Test Booking opens
22 September 2021 at 12 noon (BST) Registration closes
Web booking closes Access Arrangements application deadline
29 September 2021 Last testing date
Bursary application deadline (4pm BST)
UCAS stands for the 'Universities and Colleges Admissions Service'. We are the organisation responsible for managing applications to higher education courses in the UK. There is a steady number of students applying to colleges outside of Ireland. The main reason why students apply to the UK is twofold. Theis is a wide variety of courses available in excellent colleges. Also, certain courses are more accessible then those in Irish colleges.
Fees in the UK range from £3000-£9000. Scottish universities see 400-500 new students starting each year.
Applying for Student finance
Irish citizens living in the EEA and Switzerland
Irish citizens living in the EEA or Switzerland on 31 December 2020 will generally be eligible for home fee status and tuition fee loans from Student Finance England for courses starting before 1 January 2028 if they meet the following conditions:
• they are living in the EEA or Switzerland on 31 December 2020 (or have moved to the UK before this date immediately after living in the EEA or Switzerland); and
• they have lived in the EEA, Switzerland, the UK or Gibraltar for at least the last three years; and
• they have lived continuously in the EEA, Switzerland, the UK or Gibraltar between 31 December 2020 and the start of the course.
General career and UCAS exploration & Personal Statement support.
UCAS application Links
- UCAS website
- Personal Statement Examples
- UK University Ranking
- Personal Statement Tool
- UKCAT information (Medicine and Dentistry)
- Student Finance for Scottish Colleges
- Student Finance for Welsh Colleges
- Student Finance for UK Colleges